What a delight this hotel is. We booked this hotel after a tripadvisor search. It didn't disappoint. From the moment we were picked up at the airport to check out a week later we were looked after very well. The hotel is very well run, really friendly staff, super quality rooms which were kept beautifully clean. The decor of the hotel is splendid. The only down side for me was that the restaurant didn't seem to reflect the ethos of the rest of the hotel. The breakfast was good lots of choice and freshly cooked eggs etc. Diner was ok but rather expensive. There are much better restaurants in the town. I always felt I was not made as welcome in the restaurant as I was in the hotel. Nevertheless I would certainly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.