We have just returned from the Quintinha Sao Joao and had a really excellent relaxing break. This hotel is very good, with superb standards and extremely helpful staff who all take a real pride in making this a fantastic place to stay. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the town centre although on most occasions we got a taxi back since it was uphill and after all we were on holiday! We only ate in the restaurant once and whilst we found it far better than other hotels we have stayed in recently, the standard of restaurants in Funchal is very high and it did lag behind the others we ate in during the week. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we will return. My tip is to book the hotel, flight and transfer separately rather than book a package tour as we saved quite a bit by doing it this way.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Otel so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.