We spent 4 nights here at the start of an 8 day trip to Madeira.
It is a perfect base for exploring Funchal, although if like us you don't make use of the shuttle service, rather a long walk to the centre.
Rooms were spacious and comfortable
Nothing was too much bother for the friendly and welcoming team.
Our one regret was poor weather meant we didn't use the outdoor pool although the indoor one was great.
- Also Known As:
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel
- Quintinha Sao Joao Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Hotel Funchal
- Quintinha Sao Joao Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built within the grounds of an historic "Quinta" of Funchal, Quintinha de Sao Joao resurrects perfectly the magic of the old Madeiran residences. There are 42 spacious rooms in total, all equipped with the most up-to-date facilities with splendid views over the gardens. Bar, restaurant, heated outdoor and indoor swimming pools and full spa are included facilities. The careful attention to detail and the excellent personal service brings to life our motto "Home from Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HostelWorld, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Quintinha Sao Joao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.