Hotel in English tea-house style.
Very friendly and service-minded staff. Service impeccable.
Beautiful located in the hills, abt. 500 metres above sea level.
Fifteen minuts drive to Funchal.
Weather colder and often cloudy/misty when sunny in Funchal.
Great and easy access to challenging and well kept golf course.
Standard rooms dark with no terrace/balcony.
Breakfast seating no good. Stowed closely together like cattle.
Evening restaurant good, but vey expensive.
Almost equal quality food and identical wines available in
Funchal restaurants for less than half the price.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, AvailPro, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.