Ok, I admit it, I have a genetically embedded dislike of golf.
But, even though it's surrounded on all sides by golfists, their dubious fashion choices, and the scars of a recent forest fire that very nearly wiped this little retreat from the map, the Casa Velha is a beautiful location. We didn't stay there, having rented a villa in the nearby Palheiro Village, but we did make use of the spa facilities, and dined in the restaurant there.
The spa is first class. Friendly staff, lovely facilities, and the treatments are a treat in every sense of the word.
The food is fantastic too. The best we had in Madeira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal