An excellent hotel if you like a relaxing and comfortable stay. Staff is not imposing at all, but are very helpful if required; good eye for detail and small additional items like fresh fruit every day and tasty espressos in your room definitely add to the feeling of comfort.
The restaurant is excellent, although if you like meat the focus on fish is a bit too strong and if senior staff is not around it seems to us that the level of service if dropping slightly( still very good though).
The very nice gardens and extensive compound are very inviting to some strolls.
The complimentary bus to Funchal is a nice add-on and defintely advisable.
The drawback for me is that the hotel (but this probably applies to most hotels) is not very smoker friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Velha do Palheiro is a graceful 5 star Madeira country house hotel with 37 luxurious rooms.The hotel is situated next to the famous Palheiro Gardens, originally created over 200 years ago. Hotel facilities include: Championship golf course, full spa facilities including indoor and outdoor heated pools as well as a variety of treatments, fishing boat for whale and dolphin watching and big game fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, AvailPro, Escapio, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Casa Velha do Palheiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Hotel Funchal
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro Madeira/Funchal