We went last year and enjoyed ourselves so much we returned for a second visit. The staff made us feel like a family member returning. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, well maintained with very efficient staff. Our room overlooked the sea so watching the cruise ships come and go was lovely. The hotel is in the old town so lots of cafes to choose from (we just did B & B) and on the flat. It must be good for so many people to return many times. We had a meal in the hotel and it was first class. Breakfast has everything you need. Looking forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal