We first stayed at this hotel in May 2012, and were looking forward to returning. We were not disappointed - same lovely hotel, same high standard of service, and largely the same friendly staff to look after us. Although we like to try local restaurants when on holiday (and there are so many to choose from within a matter of yards of the hotel), this time we dined more in the hotel than outside. The food is so good why go anywhere else? There are a large number of guests who return to the Porto Santa Maria year after year, and it is no surprise why they do. We will certainly return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal