We stayed here half board for a week at the end of October. It was a wonderful place to stay. The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring Funchal. 2 minutes to the cable car, actually in the old town right by a super mix of cafés and restaurants.
The staff in the hotel were all so friendly and helpful. Great facilities, lovely bar, very warm indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool to help you cool off when sunbathing.
The 10 euros per day subsidy more than compensates for the inconvenience of the harbour work. Can't wait to go back once the harbour is complete. It'll be even better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal