Spent a week in this hotel. After reading many great Tripadvisor reviews, we cannot fault the hotel at all. Even the major sea wall defense work which is going on did not dampen our holiday, great compensation paid by the hotel (although they didn't need to do this what a great gesture of goodwill). Hotel location again perfect. I don't need to say anymore as all the previous reviews are saying the same. We don't usually like to return to the same holiday destination, but I am sure we shall as there is more for us to see on the island of Madeira, we would most definitely stay at the Porto Santa Maria again. Of course not forgetting the staff - they were all very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal