We needed a week away to relax and you can certainly do it here in some style. There is some remedial work going on along the shore at the front of the hotel which we were warned about before we went but apart from a bit if noise it was fine it wasnt dusty or dirty. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in some great hotels. Even outside you will never see a dead leaf lying around! The staff are all lovely and extremely courteous. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home! The location is amazing amongst lots of local eateries and bars which serve some lovely local food (especially the Flambed prawn curry at Le Jardin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal