A very good hotel at the end of Old Town . It does not look that large as it is well designed to look lke a number of smaller buildings. It may not be that new but it its well maintained and keeped very clean. It also has a policy of no children so is fairly quiet. As for the sea wall project and noise , they start at 8 and normally finish at 6, so it is likely one would be out most of the day. Would I go back "Yes" I 'd rather be close to the town than stuck out west with blocks of massive new hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal