We chose this hotel for its location - we didn't want to be at the Lido amongst all the big hotels, and we certainly made the right choice. Despite the works on the sea front, which we already knew about and were compensated by the hotel for, we had a lovely stay. The room was comfortable, the service good and the staff were really helpful. The spa was well worth a visit.
This part of Funchal is by far the nicest, we think. Last time we came we were a few years younger, and the strenuous walk uphill to our quinta was okay, but this time we were pleased to be near the sea and the restaurants. We ate out every night and the old part of the town has many really good places to eat and plenty to see. When the beach area is completed it will be even nicer.
If you're looking for a comfortable, pleasant hotel in delightful surroundings with no children (it's adults only), the we can highly recommend the Porto Santa Maria Hotel. We will certainly be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal