We have just returned from a 1-week break in Funchal, our third stay in Madeira. We chose the hotel primarily for its convenient location, although we had seen it before when on a coach dropping off other passengers and it looked nice. Before booking with Thompson we checked out the feedback on Tripadvisor. We decided to book, in spite of the ongoing building work right outside the hotel. It turned out to be absolutely no problem and we enjoyed a great stay. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the room spacious and well appointed. The bed (& linen) was fantastically comfortable. It's a very well run hotel, the staff are top notch, very efficient and friendly and we will definitely be considering staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal