We stayed at this hotel from Feb 8 thru 15 2013. The hotel was excellent, the room was always clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They are all bi-lingual and eager to please and are genuinely concerned for your well being. We were a little disappointed at the construction going on on the seafront promenade but we'll survive. The breakfast buffet was fabulous with over 150 items to choose from including champagne. Lena, the greeter and director for seating was the highlight of our every morning with her warm greeting and outgoing personality. The hotel is Adults only. What a treat, no yelling screaming kids. What a treat but then I repeat myself. We are Americans and we were an oddity due to the very small demographic of Americans who visit Madeira. The no. 1 tourist group is Brits so as soon as we spoke they asked where we were from. We had fascinating conversations with them and enjoyed them very much. The heated indoor pool and jacuzzi were a great way to relax after a full day of walking about and the Hotel is situated in the heart of old town, the most colorful and intriguing part of Funchal. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and my 70th birthday and the bar had live music every night for dancing which we took full advantage of. We look forward to our next visit and we'll for sure stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal