Me and my brother had the same week off so decided to book this hotel due to catching the last of the carnaval. When arriving at the hotel we were greeted with a great reception staff who advised about the disruption fee and gave us our keys and we were on our way. We were in a side room overlooking the park so at 11pm and 6.30am you get the local restaurants recycling their bottles in the bins below but other than that if you lean over the balcony you have a great view of Monte. The hotel itself was nice and well presented and the staff were nothing but excellent. Its a shame due to myself being 28 and my brother being 24 the looks we got most nights around the hotel by guests. This hotel is in a good location at the front near the old town beside the cable car and next to the bus station so you pretty much have full access to the whole of Madeira right on your doorstep. The hotel also has a jacuzzi and heated indoor pool and also a nice little gym, and a sauna (at a charge of €4 an hour). We also had breakfast at this hotel and the buffet style choice of food was excellent. Overall this is a nice hotel with a central location and excellent staff although I'll leave it another 30 years before I return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal