Most of the good things about this hotel have already been said. We stayed for 1 week (4th Feb) and could not fault it. The works on the seafront really aren't a problem and the 10 euro a day credit more than makes up for it. The staff where great, food was great and luckily for us the weather was great! We would thoroughly recommend this hotel. P.s. I'm in my 40's and found myself at the younger end of the spectrum as far as guests where concerned, but it certainly wasn't God's waiting room as others have implied!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal