Stayed here from 28th jan -4th feb and really could not fault it in any way, we knew about the seafront construction work before we went and did'nt find it a problem .We found all the staff polite and helpful from the cleaners, who do an excellent job to the reception staff who we found to be very helpful .As others have said you are given 10 euros per person per day to use on food and drink in the hotel which we used at lunch times and found very useful .Yes there are a lot of older people staying here but don't let that put you off, this is an excellent hotel right on the sea and right by the old town and all the restaurants what more could you ask for.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Hotel Porto Santa Maria
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.