We returned to this hotel because we liked it so much. It is clean and comfortable and the staff are so helpful and obliging. The situation is great right on the seafront and in very close proximity to the restaurants in Old Town. It is particularly helpeful for us as it is one of very few hotels in a flat area of a hilly island. This means my wife and other people with poor mobility can walk up and down the front , although partly closed this year because of construction works to improve the sea front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal