Having just returned from our first visit to Madeira, I can only say that the whole experience was wonderful. The hotel was beautiful with everything as described on line. The staff were very helpful at all times, the rooms were spacious and spotless. The buffet was excellent with a very large selection, beautifully cooked and presented. Alacart was exceptional. Infact the whole experience was excellent.
Although there was work being carried out at the harbour it was not an inconvenience, although you were aware it was going on. Guests were compensated for the inconvenience which was a bonus but we were very glad we did not change hotels, which was offered. This has been one of the best hotels we have stayed at. Just sorry we were not there for New Year, hopefully we will return for the new year celebrations in the near future.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Hotel Porto Santa Maria
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.