we've visited Madeira many many times and so chose this hotel for the change of location. Arrived on the morning of NYE for a 14 night stay. We would be hard pressed to find a negative here - the customer service is excellent, helped in no small measure by the Customer Relations Manager, Lena, who is a powerhouse and works extremely hard to make sure guests are comfortable and satisfied. We were notified before we left home about the storm defence works and were offered a 'compensation' of 10euros/day/person which, coupled with our Prestige discounts, went a long way towards covering most of our costs during the stay. Some days the noise was quite low, other days it was quite noisy, but there were no works at all over our final weekend, although the compensation was awarded for every day. I wouldn't let these works put me off staying here. We tried most of the hotel facilities, the indoor pool and Jacuzzi are lovely and hardly used - one day I had the whole facility to myself. Paola in the spa is very good and the pedicure I had was the best ever. Happy hour before dinner proved very useful and the service and food in the restaurant was excellent - especially the gourmet night where we went for the suggested wine option. The meal on that night is served to the table and the wine complemented the food perfectly. When we do visit Madeira again we would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal