This Hotel is perfect in so many ways and the staff are outstanding.
My wife and I really enjoyed our Xmas holiday. It was also my wife's birthday on xmas eve.
The staff sang to her and wished her a happy birthday, a real treat. The entertainment was first rate and the choir singing carols were exceptional. However if you like a Bloody Mary,take your own makings. The barman had'nt a clue. Be aware of an extra charge for use of the sauna. Also be careful of the shower mat, it can be slippery.
Caution ! we travelled with Thomson Holidays and booked extra legroom seats as a treat. Expecting to choose our seats. Not so, later we found out, all seats at the front of the aircraft are not for sale. Only exit isle seats are for sale. I was against the door with extra room for one leg and a cold draft for the other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Santa Maria lies at the water's edge in the very heart of Funchal's old centre. Its close relationship to the sea, the outstanding and exclusive views over the harbour where the cruise ships dock, its picturesque surroundings and the unique flavours of its cuisine result in genuine urban tranquility. A congenial hotel offering 146 rooms, restaurant, bars, direct access to the promenade, outdoor pool, indoor pool, SPA, gym, parking...all in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Santa Maria Funchal
- Porto Santa Maria Hotel (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal