Excellent hotel, located opposite the Ritz Hotel and near all the amenities required. Hotel is located on the main touristic beach of Estrada Monumental and you can basically walk to anywhere. It takes about 30 minutes to get to the city centre by foot, but during the summer months it's actually spectacular to walk around.
The hotel has a fantastic pool, excellent spa facilities and very friendly staff. The breakfast does get monotonous, but we did stay there for two weeks. So if you think logically - there is only so much food that can be placed in the breakfast category! The rooms are clean, bathroom is large and the kitchenette has everything you need to cook a three course meal ;-). The hotel has a variety of daily activities at the hotel which you can enjoy.
So the negatives? Well the hotel is catered for a much more ''older crowd" therefore expect traditional decor and more limited 21st century requirements, which other more hip hotels offer. For example: you cannot get wifi in your room. Wifi only available in the lobby - this was a real negative for me. Secondly, expect to pay for a safe! The charge is EUR2.00 per day and you get the key from reception. This was a real shocker as I expect to have this service offered without charge for my own personal security. Thinking back as well... for the two weeks I was there... the treadmill in the gym wasn't working either.
Apart from the few negative points, the stay was fantastic and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. The relaxed atmosphere is a definate plus and the spa facilities available were fantastic. Please don't expect a large hotel - space is a problem in Madeira. It's a small island - so your 4 star expectactions should match the 'geographical dot' in the middle of the atlantic ocean.
Thanks Pestana Hotels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The architectural design of Pestana Village and the landscaping of its gardens have been especially planned to be in harmony with the natural beauty and tranquility of the resort’s setting. This sensitivity to the environment will give the resort a truly village-like feel, with low-rise traditional style buildings surrounded by a wealth of colorful and immaculately cared-for gardens. The Pestana Village shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Miramar Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal