After thinking about visiting Madeira for some time we finally bit the bullet and were impressed. Perfect for a peaceful, relaxed week in the sun. As others have said, be aware of the hills - but it shouldn't be an issue unless you have particular mobility problems.
The hotel itself was very well kept and the chambermaids very keen! We were suprised to have one knocking on our door at 8:30am one morning to see if it was OK to clean the room, We were up and dressed but it struck us as rather early to be starting the cleaning! We put the 'do not disturb' on the door after that.
Other things to mention - Food: we were B&B so can only comment on the breakfast which was perfectly fine. Would have to mention however that it was slightly varied, eg. the orange juice was very good for the first two or three days but then disappeared and there was only apple / passionfrut of the watered-down / squash variety. And one day there were no 'regular' teabags so tea had to be served from a machine at whatever strength was programmed in.
Pool area: was very nice and plenty of sunbeds for all. We didn't notice any reserving of sunbeds which made a pleasant change. The pool itself was pretty chilly but we braved it!
Gym: had sufficient equipment, all well-maintained and was hardly used. There was also a steam room and sauna although we didn't use these as it was too hot outside!
All in all a good week. We would recommend going B&B rather than upgading to half board as there were plenty of good restaurants within a 10 minute walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The architectural design of Pestana Village and the landscaping of its gardens have been especially planned to be in harmony with the natural beauty and tranquility of the resort’s setting. This sensitivity to the environment will give the resort a truly village-like feel, with low-rise traditional style buildings surrounded by a wealth of colorful and immaculately cared-for gardens. The Pestana Village shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Miramar Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal