This was our third visit to the Pestana Village. We stayed in an apartment on a timeshare exchange, which was a large one bedroomed unit. The unit is large spacious and well furtnished with everything you could want in place. The beds are a bit hard for me but that is a personal view. We over looked the pool area, and unfortunately did not get a lot of sun on our balcony only for about three hours in the mornings, but of course in the summer that could be an advantage.
The village was built in about 1996, and some bits of the apartments are showing there age, i.e. our fridge door required a good push shut each time as the catch was not good. and there is some wear on the paintwork. Also as with all things the decor appears dated, but is still in good condition and serviceable. The linen was changed so regularly it was super, a really bonus, and there was a maid service every day, although some days it was purely to make beds and change towels. You are provided with pool towels which is a bonus, and saves weight in luggage.
In the main the apartment was clean but the dusting would not pass muster on "Four in a Bed"
and could do with attention, but this is a little moan. The other moan is the size of the TV it is a modern TV with excellent choice of channels in lots of languages, but very small for the room.
The staff are friendly and helpful, the whole area is clean and lovely as it is not a concrete box.
The Gardens well they are a real joy and one of the reasons I chose the Village, they are the sort of gardens that you would have to pay to visit in the UK, and the gardeners do an exceelent job. There must be hundreds of photos all around the world taken by visitors to the Village, if the number of cameras I saw in action are anything to go buy.
The pool is surposed to be heated, but better to say it has just had the chill taken off and certainly does not feel warm in February, however the indoor pool is good, as are the hot tubs.
The whole ambiance of the place is wonderful, and the drinks evening for owners and exchangees is a lovely idea, and really gets people mixing.
However I do have a couple of grips - first when we visited as a partner resort exchangee in September 2011 we were charged nothing, this time it was 50 eurors per week for utility fees. In September 2011 it was my husbands birthday and he received a complimentary bottle of cava from the hotel, this time it was my birthday and there was nothing!!!! Ok times are hard and no doubt they have to find ways of cutting costs, however on the Sunday night of our stay, the guests were not allowed to use the winter garden or restuarant and directed to the adjoining Miramar hotel, as the Pestana Managers (top brass I think) from around the world were having a big knees up, and the whole place was decorated with the most wonderful floral arrangements, entertainment of a high calabre and a nice looking buffet, this does not seem to be cost cutting, I would have not felt quite so upset if this had been for the wonderful hard working staff, who are the ones who work so hard to keep everybody returning. Small grips - holiday overall was wonderful, use Happy Tours for any trips, there prices are good, and so is the quality. I will review some of the restuarants under the seperate names, ate some wonderful meals. If you drink beer do go to the Beerhouse on the harbour (tented place opposite Marina shopping) for a wonderful beer made on site.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Village
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The architectural design of Pestana Village and the landscaping of its gardens have been especially planned to be in harmony with the natural beauty and tranquility of the resort’s setting. This sensitivity to the environment will give the resort a truly village-like feel, with low-rise traditional style buildings surrounded by a wealth of colorful and immaculately cared-for gardens. The Pestana Village shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Miramar Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.