The hotel itself is very nice and well located within walking distance from the city center, and as a guest of Pestana Village Hotel you have free access to the swimming pools and Atlantic Ocean bathing facilites of the 5 star Pestana Carlton Hotel accross the street. We went swimming in the ocean three times - the water was 20 degr. celcius mid December - very, very nice. The breakfast buffet is also nice, especially when the female cook took over and made thin, warm pancakes, in stead of the male cook's thick, cold ditto. Do not count on making very much food in the spartanic kitchen facilities in your room.
Do not mail your postcards at the reception of the hotel - we handed in approx. 15 postcards during our stay two weeks ago, and not one single of them has yet arrived with our friends in Denmark, France, and the UK. Of we do not know whether it the fault of the hotel or the Madeira Post.
It was definitely low season 8th to 15th December. The hotel was only approx. 20% full. But perhaps also the financial crisis and the fear of the Denge moscitos had their impact,
The Pestana Group seems to be owing a large proportion of all the major hotels, a number of time-share investment projects, and even some restaurants in Funchal, and whereever you go, you are confronted with their "professional" marketing efforts - "come and see our new hotel and get free tickets for a show, money to play in the casino, or go on an excursion at a discount price". It was just too much. And it doesn't stop when you get back.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel
- Pestana Village Garden Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Village
- Pestana Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The architectural design of Pestana Village and the landscaping of its gardens have been especially planned to be in harmony with the natural beauty and tranquility of the resort’s setting. This sensitivity to the environment will give the resort a truly village-like feel, with low-rise traditional style buildings surrounded by a wealth of colorful and immaculately cared-for gardens. The Pestana Village shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Miramar Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Olotels, Agoda, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Pestana Village Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.