My family and I have just returned from 2 weeks at the Miramar resort in Funchal. This is a really nice resort and very worthwhile for consideration if you are holidaying in Madeira. The location is good, about a 10/15 minute walk downhill into the town centre. Buses are cheap and run very regularly. The hotel shares facilities with the interlinked Pestana Village, which means you get a choice of two nice outdoor pools and a smallish indoor one. The apartment was really nice, two bedrooms and bathrooms, air con, lounge, and a fairly well equipped kitchen which I was able to use to cook a number of meals for the family. Numerous facilities in the hotel including Free wifi which is useful in the hotel reception, table tennis, pool tables, library, hair salon, spa, gym, as well as plenty of quiet areas. The staff were excellent, very keen to please. Very clean apartment and poolside facilities. Overall, a really nice and well run hotel.
The only three areas for improvement are as follows. Firstly, the Gym is poor. It is co located with a Jacuzzi so it is way too warm. The equipment is very outdated and in poor working order, it really could do with an update. The evening food in the resort isn't the best. We only eat there twice but both times it wasn't great value for money for a poor buffet. Finally, they allow/encourage smoking around the pool which spoils it a bit. Small negatives, especially the food because some of the sister hotel restaurants like the Pestana Carlton Taverna are fantastic and you can use them instead if you pay (we were self catering).
Overall though it was a really nice holiday, and if I am going to Madeira again, I will definitely stay in the Miramar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal