Took a weeks holiday with my partner, looking for a holiday away from the crowds but not isolated. Could have hardly picked a better one.
The appartment here was superb, plenty of space and very comfortable. Rest of the resort was equally well kept. All staff we had dealings with were excellent, nothing was too much trouble for any of them.
Spent half days round the pools and then other half days exporing nearby places on the tour bus and walking in to Funchal, round the marina and so on. Only thing missing was a local beach really. Lot of work going on near the marina and in centre of Funchal wich maybe detracted from the overall experience a little, but it will be even nicer when finished.
Lots of good places to eat and drink nearby with very freindly staff.
Would we go there again ? Would love to, perhaps in a few years time and this resort would be my first choice to stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal