This is a good hotel generally,however it has some shortcomings that can impact badly on your vacation.
Some of the ground floor apartments are below garden level and overpowered by lush planting.
The balconies on the higher levels afford little privacy from adjoining apartments.
The breakfast buffet is poorly laid out and can develop into a free for all. The breakfast menu seems to cater very much for continental customers, there is a good choice of breads ,cheese and cold meats. Not so good for Brits though, mini frankfurter sausage does not work as a breakfast ingredient, fried eggs should not be swimming in fat nor undercooked, tinned mushrooms are tasteless as is the scrambled egg.
The Mediterranean restaurant does serve good food, but a little expensive.
The resort staff are ,generally, excellent. There are a couple of male waiters who seem to have a problem ,but they can be ignored. The room maids are excellent, and a credit to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Orbitz, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal