You must be specific about your room choice. The first time we stayed there we were given an apt on the pool level with a patio full of over grown shrubs which meant there was little in and the room was dark. However without the shrubs there would have been no privacy. On our last trip I asked for three rooms on a higher level overlooking the pool. I achieved 2 out of 3, a lovely penthouse on 7 and one directly below on 6 but the third was on 4 overlooking the road. As a family we spent a lot of times by the two pools and in the spa and got together for family times in 7 but we felt the ones in 4 lucked out compared to the rest. Christmas in Madeira is fabulous and the weather was great, low 20s and no rain. The Christmas evening buffet was excellent and very good value. Altogether we had a great time and everyone wants to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the premises of the historic and elegant hotel Miramar, which was built in 1924 and considered a very special place to stay, the new Pestana Miramar Hotel benefits of the attention given to the architecture and landscaping of its gardens. The Pestana Miramar shares the grounds and services of the Pestana Village Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Funchal
- Pestana Miramar Garden Hotel Aparthotel
- Pestana Miramar Garden Resort Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal