We had a lovely week long stay at this beautiful hotel. We stayed in room 102, a standard room. The only disadvantage to this was we could hear people walking around in the reception area directly above us. The room itself was nicely decorated, with a lovely bathroom and private outdoor space with our own sun beds. The maids we extremely polite & helpful and made swans out of our bed linen every day! The reception staff spoke great English and we also very helpful. Not having stayed in a luxury hotel before, we felt we missed out a little as we were given no information about the spa an did not realise that some of it was complimentary. I guess we could have asked.
As we were on our honeymoon we recieved a complimentary bottle of bubbly. Nice touch.
The pool area was clean and towels were provided on each of the loungers.
Breakfast choices were varied, from a full English buffet (so you can pick the things you like) to muffins and pastries, cereals and yoghurts. Great service too. Lots of little lizards are there waiting to catch the crumbs... good entertainment!
We ate in the restaurant on two nights and it was fabulous. We actually found it to be reasonable value for what you go. GREAT steak and really lovely puddings.
We stayed here on a B&B basis as we like to head out and about and we were not disappointed. Lots to see and do - The tour of Blandy's Wine Lodge is a real bargain! Avoid the red tour bus... waste of money.
The hotel was well positioned for sight seeing, about 20-30 minutes on foot to the centre of Funchal. It is up quite a steep hill, but after a couple of goes we got used to it. Around 30 minutes on foot to a super market for snacks etc. Would not recommend this hotel to those with mobility restrictions. We actually really liked it being a bit out of town, it was extremely peaceful at night and tucked away so road noise stopped in the evening. Was not loud enough to bother us in the day.
Gardens are stunning.
And, if you get the chance, go up into the mountains. You will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking and Escapio so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal