I absolutely loved this hotel, the grounds at the Quinta da Casa Branca actually are Idyllic - unlike so many of the other hotels which use very clever shots to make their grounds look spacious. Staff are very friendly and helpful and do their job with a sense of humour. Breakfast was delicious, varied and plentiful - although staff do need to make sure there are still enough plates left!
The hotel rooms are slightly tired but overall very comfortable and spacious, some people we met extoled the virtues of the newer more expensive rooms, but I felt ours was more than adequate and given the weather we spent little time indoors, and our terrace area was sunny (as long as the sun came out).
We always felt that there was plenty of space in the hotel and rarely felt that we were hemmed in by other guests or staff. Biggest issue was the cost of coffee in the bar which at 4.5o euros for an Americano seemed a bit excessive.
If we ever went to Funchal again this is where we would stay, but we did feel that Funchal itself seemed to be pretty over developed, the intimacy and history we expected being a very long way from the "hotel zone".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal