This property is part of the small luxury hotels of the world group, and for good reason. The service is absolutely 5 stars if not more, each staff member is friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, and goes above and beyond to assist you in any way to make your stay a memorable one. If you are looking for a hotel with an ocean view or one right in the center of Funchal this is not the right choice, but if you are looking for a beautiful hotel with top notch service, amazing food, great gardens, serene atmosphere and a tranquil, peaceful feel, this is the place.
The breakfast spread is varied and you can order a-la-carte. The pool, spa and fitness facilities are beautiful and well looked after. The grounds, as everyone has said, are the highlight of this property. They do a wonderful job keeping the grounds up and they do a great job of highlighting the diversity of the island's vegetation. The restaurant is absolutely the best place to eat on the island, so another benefit of the hotel is you have the #1 place to eat at your front door!
As a few other reviewers have said, the room furnishings and linens are a bit tired and probably ready for a refresh, including some pretty dreadful pillows. Beds are most definitely firm, so if you like a soft bed, keep that in mind. Having said that, the rooms are huge, with most having a large bathroom, sitting area and outdoor balcony, so we are willing to look the other way on outdated furnishings because everything else about this property was so wonderful. It is a quick 6-8 Euro taxi ride into the center of town (or 2 Euro bus ride) and a nice 20 minute walk to the public waterfront, which was to us a nice selling point as its quickly accessible but in a bit quieter location.
It is a one of a kind property with beautiful grounds and a superb staff. This hotel is an excellent choice for a stay on this magical island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking, Escapio, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal