This is our fourth year at the Casa Branca and it is an exceptional hotel if you really want to relax. We stayed here three years in a row it was so good, then had a break last year just for a change but returned again this year as we both felt we needed some of their exceptional TLC.
Everyone remembered us - we were greeted by name when we arrived even thought other people were checking in as well - and said how pleased they were we had returned. The hotel was the same as ever: lovely rooms and garden, a pool with both shady and sunny areas,and great breakfasts and evening meals on the terrace.
The library has a good selection of English and foreign language books if you run out of reading material and there is free internet access as well. We quite often hole up in the library for a couple of hours when it's very hot as it has really comfy sofas and is a lovely cool, quiet room.
We were there from the 10th - 17th June and the gardens weren't as colourful as in previous years and from driving around we came to the conclusion that Madeira had been having the same horrible weather as the UK as it seemed the same around the island.
There are several good restaurants nearby if you don't want to eat in the hotel every night but there is a steep hill down to the main road.
I would agree with other reviewers that the hotel is not for those who are unsteady on their feet or who need walking aids. The paths are a little uneven and there are stairs from the reception to the ground floor rooms and no lift.
That aside, if you want a relaxing holiday in idyllic surroundings then the Casa Branca is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", nestled amidst lush sub-tropical gardens near the center of Funchal and away from the bustle of the city, at Quinta da Casa Branca estate, there is a modern design boutique Hotel featuring 41 Rooms and 2 Suites, and positioned at the lower level of the property there are two buildings set apart from the modern design boutique Hotel, an elegant and luxurious Manor House housing 5 luxury Manor House Suites. Close by, next to the swimming-pool, lies a Villa dating from the early XIX century. Providing a glamorous retreat, yet offering a personal and meaningful experience to every guest, the integration of the family's house and grounds with Quinta da Casa Branca boutique Hotel in November 2015, enables the preservation of a unique property on the island of Madeira whilst showcasing a remarkable heritage and providing the unique addition of the exuberant gardens, home to an abundance of various tropical trees and a banana plantation spanning a total of 27,000m2. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal