Spent 5 nights here in early June - it was a lovely and relaxing experience. The architecture of the hotel buildings is sympathetic to the beautiful garden setting and the superior room was very comfortable and spacious. Fabulous bathroom too! There is tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a replenished stock of biscuits and sweets supplied daily, also the fresh flowers were a nice touch. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast delicious. Any minor issues (they forgot to service our room one day and another day the loo flush got stuck on) were dealt with promptly and in a very friendly manner.
Set in the hotel zone (but away from the main drag) it's a short walk to some restaurants and the centre of Funchal is a 8 euro taxi ride away or a good 30 minutes walk. The hotel has it's own restaurant in a lovely setting with a small but creative menu.
The pool area is quite small with not many sun beds so did get a bit crowded on the rare occasion that it was actually sunny during our stay, but the hotel is a good base for touring the island as it has a car park and easy access out of the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Fastbooking, Escapio, Venere and Otel so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal