We visited the hotel at the beginning of April to relax and recharge and the Quinta supplied this in buckets. The architecture and gardens are stunning, so calm and peaceful so you can't help but unwind when you are surrounded by such beauty. We loved the little walk through the gardens for breakfast, but unfortunately the weather wasn't too good during our stay so we only managed to sit outside twice. The food was really gorgeous and fresh with cooked to order eggs, pancakes and porridge as well as a great range on the buffet. The deck bar is a lovely place to relax early evening and enjoy the day's special cocktail during happy hour.
The staff are very impressive, professional and friendly, hitting just the right note in all their dealings with us and other customers.
The only thing I found disappointing was the temperature of the outdoor pool which, although displayed at 21c was icy cold.
The location is great - close enough to stroll into Funchal but far enough away to not be part of the larger complexes along the sea front. There is a great choice of restaurants within 5 minutes of the hotel if you wish or restaurants in Funchal old town provide some great choices.
I would certainly visit again and I've already recommended the Quinta to my friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Despegar.com, Fastbooking, Escapio, Venere and Otel so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal