A beautiful modern hotel in "Frank Loyd Wright" style in a quiet oasis of well-kept gardens in the grounds of the old Quinta. A welcome contrast to the other concrete high-rise hotels in Funchal. All the rooms have attractive garden views and area to sit out. Funchal old town is a 20-25 minute walk or about 1.50 Euros with nearby bus. Helpful staff and outstanding, interesting breakfast choices with local fruits and dishes. Papaya, passion fruit, orange, even creamy iced (!) porridge with molasses which was far better than it sounds! The hotel restaurant was also good though a little formal and quiet. The best places we found to eat were Armazem do Sal in the Old town (book first) and La Bamba further down Rua Dr Pita, where they do beef filet espada on bay tree skewers. That place was recommended by our levada-walk guide from Madeira Explorers (based in the Monumental Lido ) The hotel pool and spa were very good though you have to go briefly outside between blocks to get to the spa.
Overall, one of the best hotels we have stayed in anywhere and we would definitely book here on a return visit.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.