I agree with all the previous reviewers positive comments about the situation of the hotel and gardens and the breakfast. We had lunch there the first day which was good but the food wasn't as hot as it should of been. We also ate in the restaurant on the first evening, once we had found out how to get in, signage would be helpful from the hotel as the entrance is just off the street, also on the door into the dining room.We didn't try the afternoon tea which is served daily, nor the 'happy hour' when drinks were half price. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary, unsure as to whether our tour rep had told or staff had seen our cards but we were presented with a welcomed bottle of champagne. I did try the swimming pool and had it all to myself for approx 1 hour, but left once a family took over the pool, it was a bit cool but warm enough to swim in despite being the end of January. I didn't try the spa but would if we stay in this hotel again. Whilst wi-fi was free in the room it wasn't brilliant and only available for one computer/tablet.
As stated by other reviewers there are a number of places to eat and drink within walking distance. For a special meal try the Old Fort in the old town in Funchal or Motzarts (both owned by the same company) where you can have a 3 course meal plus wine, water and coffee for either 39/35 euros respectively.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Escapio, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal