From the moment we arrived, every member of staff that we encountered did everything they could to make our visit memorable. From the arrival of the porters as we drew up, through the excellent restaurants, ornate gardens and superb information, this trip was truly memorable.
We were taken to our room on check-in and given a tour and instruction on usage. Whenever we asked for information about the local area or culture at Reception, we were provided with sufficient answers to our questions, without exception. It was a pleasure to deal with the staff. At all times they presented a happy persona and helped as they could - ordering taxi's giving directions and providing service.
The breakfast was substantial and the service in the restaurants left nothing to be desired. The choice was excellent including cereal, cheese and meat, various fruits, toasts, yoghurts, omelettes, bacon and eggs - the list goes on and on.
The gardens are beautifully tendered and were a pleasure to walk around. Also, for us, the hotel was situated far enough from the town to be quiet yet near enough to be a good walk.
We went there for Christmas 2012 and the 2013 New Year Year fireworks. We have never returned to a holiday destination in the past - we plan to make an exception for Madeira and Quinta Da Casa Branca and return next New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the "Small Luxury Hotels of the World", Quinta da Casa Branca is a boutique hotel set in the heart of a beautiful botanical garden near the center of Funchal among the lush gardens of an old garden estate and away from the bustle of the city.Opened in 1998, this 5 star hotel is distinguished by its architectural style resolutely avant-garde: the first "Design" hotel opened in Madeira, it has been awarded for its innovative architecture by the "City of Funchal Architecture Prize" in 1999Contrasting the architecture at the forefront of des.ign, the interior designer has chosen to create contemporary accommodation without being minimalist, using materials and colors to create a warm atmosphere.Its 43 rooms feature a private terrace (some on the ground-floor) opening onto a lush botanical garden of 1,2 hectares, famous for the richness and diversity of its trees and tropical plants imported from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Fastbooking and Tingo so you can book your Quinta da Casa Branca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Hotel Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Funchal
- Quinta Da Casa Branca Madeira/Funchal