What a little gem of a hotel. Situated away from it all (so don’t book this hotel if you want any night life) it has to be all-inclusive. It is very much for the slightly older clientele which meant that there were no children and the evenings were quiet, although some kind of entertainment was laid on every evening and the folkloric show on Tuesdays was excellent.
There is a free (and regular) daily shuttle bus into Funchal although it stops later afternoon. We used it three times during our stay and it was always on time.
The rooms are large and comfortable, the balcony is a good size and every room overlooks the sea. We found that, with the balcony doors open, you could feel you were on a cruise (our normal type of holiday) as you can hear the lapping of the sea. There is also a small kitchen area with kettle if you want but you can get a drink at any time in the communal areas.
The food came become a bit samey after a while but it was still delicious and there was always something you can eat, even for this fussy non-meat eater. The drinks were fine and the white wine was reasonable, too; the Madeiran wine was delicious.
Each member of staff was helpful and courteous – nothing was too much trouble.
It was just over a week of welcome sunshine in January! I’d recommend the hotel wholeheartedly and I’m sure we’ll go again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Hotel Madeira
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Madeira/Funchal