We have just got back from a week at this hotel and have to say we had a great time . Thought the food was excellent with different choices of meats / fish to go with the salads etc each night . The staff were all friendly and helpful , the hotel was very clean . I have read previous comments on here and have to say I find it hard to agree with a lot of the negative comments made . The only down sides we came across was the distance from the centre of Funchal , although it was a nice walk in , it is hilly in parts and hard work in the heat . Also the free bus into Funchal was often over subscribed and not every body could always get on it . The hotel had no air conditioning so got very hot at times , the room was fine with a ceiling fan offering some rest bite from the heat . Hope fully in the up coming refit there will be an up grade to modern air conditioning .
None of this detracted from a fantastic holiday .
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Hotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Ocean Aparthotel Funchal
- Pestana Bay Hotel Madeira
- Pestana Ocean Bay Hotel Madeira/Funchal