The hotel building is modern, clean, and extremely spacious. The room was fantastic with a gorgeous view of the ocean (our room was located on the 7th floor). We spent the majority of our time in the outdoor pool area - towels and chaises longues a plenty with view overlooking the ocean. There is also direct access to the ocean which some other hotels in the area do not provide.
On a less positive note, the service at the poolside restaurant was atrocious (such a shame as the reception, spa, and other restaurants' staff was excellent). The waiters ignored us, looked angry, and took ages to take our order. Lunch/snacks are served throughout the day yet we witnessed several people being turned away because the tables were already "set for dinner" (it was 3-4pm and seating for dinner started at 7:30pm so this was a poor excuse). However, when you do get served, the food is correct and not overly expensive for a hotel restaurant. You also have the option of getting snacks served at your chaise longue around the pool.
Unfortunately, the breakfast buffet was a disappointment. There was a wide variety of choice, but the taste and quality of the food was just not good.
Having said that, we had a great experience. This was a great hotel, shame about the breakfast and pool side restaurant service, as otherwise the rest was flawless!
Finally, the hotel is easily accessible from the airport. Direct ride on the areobus for €5. Although a 30mins walk from the centre of Funchal, there are several restaurants to enjoy in the area so you'll never feel isolated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, mini-bar and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Spanish Flamenco Tapas Bar & Restaurant, the Portuguese Sabor a Mar and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR SPA Thalasso guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Vidamar Resort Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- Vidamar Resort Madeira Funchal