Booked a week over New Year to see the fireworks in Funchal . Stayed at this Hotel for the week spanning New Year. The New Year celebration at the hotel offered was pricy, and obviously pushed heavily but of course had stiff competition from the big Fireworks in the harbour (the largest in the world!). The hotel itself was wonderful, the gardens overlooking the sea a nice stroll after breakfast (with bananas tasting like they used to), service excellent, not too fussy and very friendly and helpful.
The bedrooms (we had two adjoining family rooms) were superb, very comfortable and gave a great nights sleep. The spa facilities and pools, indoor and out were excellent. The only slight drawback is the distance to Funchal itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, mini-bar and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Spanish Flamenco Tapas Bar & Restaurant, the Portuguese Sabor a Mar and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR SPA Thalasso guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Vidamar Resort Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- Vidamar Resort Madeira Funchal