We arrived at the Vidamar for 4 nights in March. We knew that the hotel had just changed names/flagships and were a little nervous at the service level given the "bugs" may not have been worked out yet... Upon arriving we were shown our room immediately on the 10th/top floor. What a spectacular view! The room is basic, and very basic compared to USA standards. The bed is okay but too firm for us, the decor was a 3 star hotel, the bathroom was ok, the towels were thin, the bedding was 3 star, the patio had basic plastic furniture. Now the good points...the service and staff was magnificent. The SPA treatment was great and cheap, 50 minute massage for $65 Euros plus we had a 15% coupon and for some treatments they offered 50% off monthly ( if couples, get the outside room). The pools were large and had plenty of lounge chairs. The GM, Brian helped make our stay wonderful. We only ate breakfast at the Vidamar and it was less than good and the buffet was actually cold/ not hot...the velvet lounge/patio bar was large and good drinks. The prices were excellent. I had my hair blown dry at the salon and was underwhelmed, totally. I was expecting a blow-out hairdo for the night but what I got was a simple hair dry with no style, never had that before, anywhere! The fitness center across the street, lots of glass and was good for a hotel gym. They had spinning classes and lots of cardio but little free weights. It's within walking distance from many restaurants and pubs.
P.S. if you need to exchange money into Euros, do so at the airport.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- Vidamar Resort Madeira Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, mini-bar and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Spanish Flamenco Tapas Bar & Restaurant, the Portuguese Sabor a Mar and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR SPA Thalasso guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Splendia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Otel, Escapio, EasyToBook, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Vidamar Resort Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.