This hotel is nicely situated about 15 mins walk from the city however if you don't fancy the walk there is a good bus service and plenty of taxis. You can't help but notice how professorial all the staff and you are treated just as you expect to be in a 5 star hotel. We normally eat out when we are on holiday but this time was different as the hotel had good food that was cheaper that most of the restaurants close by, we were advised that we could purchase a meal ticked for 24e per person this included the buffet water , wine and even a drink in the bar later on if you so wished. All in all the hotel is great and all rooms have a sea view, the only fault I had was due to us having a garden view room on the 2nd floor was we had a few Roches coming in from the garden however when I advised the desk staff they moved us without us have to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA has a privileged ocean front position with direct access to the Atlantic. It is located on the main touristic area of "Lido", at walking distance from shopping centres, bars, bus stops, supermarkets and tourist attractions. The Madeira International Airport is only at 18 km. Designed in a modern architectural style, the Hotel offers 300 quite spacious rooms (39m2), all sea facing and with private balconies overlooking the gardens and the Atlantic Ocean. Rooms are equipped with individual air-conditioned/heated system, cable TV, sitting area and desk, tea and coffee making facilities, free safe, mini-bar and Wi-Fi. The room service is available around the clock. VIDAMAR RESORTS MADEIRA offers a wide variety of restaurants. Here you can discover the DINE AROUND concept featuring open air, sea view and sunset dining options. From romantic dinners to family fun restaurants, Dine Around privileges a special dining scheme that allows VIDAMAR guests to sample around various cuisines throughout the Resort: the international Ocean Buffet Restaurant, the Italian Mamma Mia, the Spanish Flamenco Tapas Bar & Restaurant, the Portuguese Sabor a Mar and the Japanese KOI Sushi Bar. The Sea Platform, the biggest on the Island, offers infinity salted water swimming pools as well as private and direct access to the Ocean, restaurant, bar, multi-activity court and Aquatica Kids World. For those who look for a sport experience, the VIDA Health Club offers several group classes and cardio fitness equipment, floodlight tennis court, squash court, tennis table, as well as an Aqua Area with indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath. All facilities are free to our guests. The seaside MAR SPA Thalasso guarantees sensory journeys or, at least, relaxing experiences assured by the animated Talassotherapy swimming pool, the 14 treatment rooms (one exterior) and the magnificent views to the Ocean from all spa areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vidamar Resort Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea Spa Hotel Funchal
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Resort And Sea Spa
- Cs Madeira Atlantic Hotel Sea
- Vidamar Resort Madeira Funchal