This was our fifth stay at the Cliff Bay and, as always, the staff were very friendly and provided excellent service. The food in both restaurants was delicious with a huge variety, especially in The Rose Garden. Lovely room with great views across the bay to Funchal, and the very high seas and rough weather provided some spectacular views of the harbour. The Prestige package is good value but our only negative point is why are the drinks prices for the same champagne, wines etc more expensive in Il Gallo d'Oro than the other restaurant and bars? One expects to pay more for the food in the Michelin starred restaurant but the wine prices should be the same.
Otherwise another lovely break at the Cliff Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal