Just come back from a very relaxing week at the Cliff Bay,as usual greeted like old friends .The service levels are always good at this hotel and they never take your custom for granted.
Various area's have been upgraded since we last visited a year ago the most notable of which is the hotels flagship restaurant Il Gallo d'oro which now looks like a proper Michelin starred restaurant with surroundings to match the wonderful food provided by Chef Benoit Sinthon.
Th spa is also having a makeover and looks fantastic and it's not fully finished yet.
The staff make this hotel very special they are all very friendly and helpful and pleased to see you .
This is a very relaxing place to stay .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Escapio and Otel so you can book your The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal