We have just returned from a fortnights holiday at the Cliff Bay and we were delighted with our stay. How can anyone fault this hotel, the location gives you the option of either walking to the new promenade or into Funchal and the marina. The hotel itself is clean and spacious, as were the pool areas. A surfeit of sunbeds and parasols and plenty of space so that you were never cramped. We had a delightful seaview room and also a garden view overlooking the terrace. The two double beds were exceptional quality and we also had tea & coffee making facilities in the room.Everything on the buffet you could think of and more. The buffet was always full and there was a good selection of fresh fruits, cereals, breads, jams, cheese, smoked salmon plus all the hot food and a cooking staition for making your eggs the way you like them!!! I cannot comment on the hotel restaurants, as we always chose to eat out in the local restaurants, but they looked very nice.
We had a few dodgy taxi rides, but that apart it was once again a thouroughly good holiday.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel
- The Cliff Bay
- Cliff Bay Porto Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Funchal
- Cliff Bay Hotel Madeira
- Cliff Bay
- The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) Madeira/Funchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic Ocean stretches as far as the eye can see at the foot of The Cliff Bay which is perched on the top of a natural promontory. The hotel is surrounded by gardens with innumerable secluded corners and centenary palm trees extending to the very edge of the cliff face. The panorama is completed by a magnificent view over the bay of Funchal to the left of the hotel.The most influential restaurant guide in the world, the Michelin Guide, has awarded a star to Il Gallo d'Oro, The Cliff Bay's gourmet restaurant run by Chef Benoît Sinthon. This is Madeira's first and only star ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your The Cliff Bay (Porto Bay) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.