I travel frequently to luxury hotels, and found Reid's Palace to have some of the best service in the world. I was there for 6 nights and had a wonderful experience each night The people at the front desk were incredibly helpful, and knew my name right away. Even more remarkably, I came into my room one evening when the maid was in the middle of the evening turn-down service. I told her that she could stay (and she did), and I thought she had finished when she left. When I came home from dinner, a full 4 hours after the maid was originally in my room, she had come back into the room again to close the curtains and tidy up the bathroom. I was so impressed to have a fresh room for a third time that day! Its a lovely location, and combined with the service, makes this a really fantastic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orient Express, Splendia, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal