This beautiful hotel with stunning views over the bay of Funchal, has old world charm with first class service and all mod cons and thoroughly deserves its 5 star status. Our room had two balconies overlooking two views of the sea, absolutely fabulous! We tried to visit this hotel on our honeymoon in 1990 but it was closed for refurbishment, so this was a special trip for our silver wedding anniversary. Flowers and bubbly waited for us in our room and many staff congratulated us despite the fact that we were low key about it. The food was excellent too, fresh tuna like you've never tasted before in the pool restaurant. Try a jug of the white wine sangria. We enjoyed the sights of Madeira but wished we could have stayed another week without leaving the hotel. Unlike other hotels in Madeira the guests were from all age groups and a variety of countries, predominantly the UK. It was eye wateringly expensive, but worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Belmond, Splendia, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal
- Belmond Reid's Palace Madeira/Funchal